- It’s possible that Apple is creating a less costly version of the pricey Watch Ultra.
- The latest renderings display a robust appearance akin to that of the Apple Watch Ultra 2.
- In September 2022, the tech titan unveiled the first Watch Ultra.
The tech giant Apple is probably working on a new, more affordable Apple Watch Ultra model. This information is related to recent FCC renders that revealed an updated design for the purported Watch Ultra.
Recall that the tech behemoth unveiled the original Watch Ultra in September 2022, and the Watch Ultra 2 in the latter part of 2023. Recall that the initial price of the Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Ultra 2 in India was Rs 89,900.
Cost-effective Apple Watch Ultra in development?
- FCC renders of the next Apple Watch Ultra were released by @ParrotSWD, a user on X (formerly Twitter).
- The design is still tough and features speaker grilles, microphones, the Action button, and a digital crown in the standard locations seen on the Apple Watch Ultra 2.
- A closer look reveals some noticeable variances, raising the possibility that this is a less expensive version of the Apple Watch Ultra.
- The new Watch Ultra is shown in FCC renderings with a black ceramic rear panel, just like the Apple Watch Series 9 and previous iterations.
- In addition, the Action button seems to have been changed and made of plastic rather than the metal button found on the Watch Ultra 2.
- If this version makes it to market, it’s possible that Apple decides not to use the Ultra name.
— ?? (@ParrotSWD) November 16, 2023
It is important to note that the robust aerospace-grade Titanium case of the Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Ultra 2 is equipped with a metal Action button and a color-matched ceramic and sapphire crystal back panel.
The changes that have been noticed, however, point to the possibility that Apple is working on a less expensive Apple Watch Ultra model. Alternatively, in an effort to attract a wider user base, they may be attempting to lower the cost of the Apple Watch Ultra series.
It is advisable to proceed with caution when interpreting this information, though, as Apple is required to submit many prototypes to the FCC prior to the official release. Given that the upcoming Apple Watch Ultra release is still quite some way off, it’s possible that the renderings you see now are from an early prototype and that the final product will look different.